Friday, January 21, 2011

Wire, Wire Everywhere And Not A Light To Blink



  On Tuesday January 11, 2011, Mom went Home. Two months shy of 89, she was eager for the journey, and looked forward to being reunited with family that she missed so dearly.  If I have half her strength and determination, I'll be a lucky woman. I'd like to think she stopped by on her way to see the house, since she loved watching the progress on the blog.






   I returned from California to find the wiring still in progress, which was no surprise. I wish we had thought to keep track of how many feet (or miles) of wire was going in. Electrical wire, phone wire, structured wire for every possible kind of television and entertainment toy known on the planet.
   There is an electrical panel and a sub panel, with a total of 60 breakers. Ed says that two breakers on each panel are dedicated to tying the two together and then running out to the generator for emergency power. I'm glad it all makes sense to him because my eyes glaze over. He's told me several times which circuits cover which switches and lights. It's a good thing there won't be a test because my brain is a sieve when it comes to that stuff.
  The walls look like spaghetti on steroids. No more walking through the stud walls. I have to actually use the doors...which is kind of fun. I find myself walking around the area that will be the kitchen counter and the island.
   Ed and I have both commented on how much it feels like home already, even though it is unfinished.
We're starting to get excited about moving in, although we realize we still have a long way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment